Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Presenting Fancy Florals!

Verve Visual's second release, Fancy Florals is available for pre-order today!

This set is regularly priced at $22.50 but will be available during the pre-order period for just $19.95. This special pre-order price is only good through August 19th at 11:59 PM Mountain Time. Pre-orders will ship out beginning August 20.

Fancy Florals includes 28 stamps on a 6 x 9" sheet of unmounted red rubber (cushion is not included, although with the purchase of a stamp set you can get a 15% discount on EZ Mount regular or thin cling cushion). The largest stamp in the set is about 2 x 2", the flowers on the left are about 1.5 x 1.5", the ones in the 2nd column are around 1 x 1" and the ones in the third column are about 1/2" in diameter. The sentiments are about 1.5" x 1".

When I sat down to design Fancy Florals I really thought about what I think makes a good stamp set. I decided that there needed to be three basic elements.
  • Include both images and sentiments so you could make an entire card or project with one set.
  • Have enough variety and flexibility that not every card made with the set looks exactly the same.
  • Have the types of images that appeal to all levels of stampers.
So, I thought about my favorite types of stamping and how my styles have grown through the years. I started out my stamping career with a lot of solid type images. I didn't have a lot of supplies, time or patience to sit and color every little image in. Next I discovered 2-step stamping, made INFINITELY cooler and do-able the first time someone showed me how to use a Stamp-a-majig. I loved how you could do this technique with very few supplies just by stamping off once or twice with the same color of ink to get variations of color. Next I went on a Holly Berry House medallions kick, and fell in love with intricately cut and layered designs with tons of GLITTER! Finally, I learned some watercoloring techniques and how to use Prismacolor pencils to do some great shading and coloring of line art images. So I tried to incorporate all these things into one set and Fancy Florals is what evolved. I hope you enjoy stamping with it as much as I have!

Be sure and check out the Fancy Florals Gallery to see the fabulous projects the design team has cooked up for you.