Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January Project Parade-Love Notes

So are you getting all sorts of Valentines day ideas for your kids? I am and I don't even HAVE kids! Well, I do, but they're furry and they wouldn't appreciate these valentine's, lol! If they can't be eaten, mine aren't interested so I took a different spin on this challenge! I decided to make some Love Notes to stash around for my DH. I love to surprise him with little love notes, so this was perfect! I recently ordered these heart shaped boxes and was just LOOKING for a good project to use them for!

I also recently got my heart nestabilities and I gotta tell you, I literally *shrieked* when I found that the large scallop heart fit PERFECTLY in this box! It was just meant to be:) The newly released set, Hundred Hearts, was the perfect set to use for this project. I used each of the sentiments and made two notes with each sentiment for a total of eight lil love notes! I tied some Raspberry Fizz ribbon through the top of the box for a little handle and then glued a piece of scalloped Raspberry Fizz cardstock around the outside of the box to pretty it up a little. I used a CTMH alpha set (Chocolate) for the "love notes" title on the box lid. I can't wait to start hiding these around the house for my honey:) So what if they're pink, he better like em anyways;)
Want to play along and be "A Kid At Heart?" If you don't have kids or know anything about making kids valentines (that would be someone like ME, lol!) you can feel free to interpret the Kid at Heart theme any way you choose! Just have fun with it. Each participant that links their project to THIS POST will be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to Verve Stamps. Please be sure that your entries are linked there no later than 8PM (Mountain) on February 5th. The winner will be announced here on February 6th. Have fun and good luck!